There for You – Coronavirus: UNISON helping members financially

Posted in Branch news


UNISON is responding to the national coronavirus crisis by offering practical help to members experiencing financial hardship.

Staff at the union’s dedicated charity, There for You, are seeking to reassure members that they are still offering a service to them.

All welfare support requests are currently to be directed to There for You, so that there is one, consistent process at this time.

Helping members

The team at There for You is fully committed to providing a complete service throughout the current crisis. The charity remains open and fully operational.

However, some adjustments on how things normally work may be necessary:

  1. Members can apply directly with an application form without going through the branch.
  2. Wherever possible, please scan all applications for financial assistance and supporting paperwork and send to  This will ensure there are no undue delays in processing an application.
  3. If you are dealing with an emergency situation – either linked to COVID-19 or other financial pressures – and you have no money at all, call 020 7121 5620. You can apply to There for you directly for an emergency payment.
  4. If your enquiry concerns an existing case, please in the first instance email the relevant case number.  Our aim is to get back to you within 2-3 working days at the very latest.


If you require advice and/or are unsure if someone would be eligible for support, call 020 7121 5620 or email When phoning, callers will be asked to leave a message. In emergency situations, we aim to be in touch on the same or next day. Please regularly check your mailbox (including junk folder) and the UNISON website for further updates in the event that new measures are introduced.
Forms are downloadable from There for You online.

UPDATE: In the light of government guidance, we have taken the decision to suspend our Wellbeing Breaks programme.  For this reason, any application already submitted will be held pending a change in government advice.