Updated: 9 June 2020 at 17:00
The UK government has announced an easing of lockdown restrictions in England.
Many UNISON members have continued to work throughout this crisis, providing essential services to help deal with the pandemic. Some have worked where they normally do, others have been redeployed, while some staff have worked from home.
More UNISON members may be returning to their regular workplaces and may be working with colleagues who, until now, have been in workplaces with fewer staff.
We are working proactively with the government and others to keep you safe at work.
For sector-specific advice see:
- Education workers
- Healthcare workers
- Social care workers
- Local government workers
- Police staff
- Energy workers
- Water Environment and Transport workers
- What if I now need to return to my regular workplace?
- Do I need Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
- Do I need to cover my face in public places?
- If you need to work from home
- If you are affected by school closures or travel restrictions
- If you think you or someone you live with has coronavirus
- Testing for key workers
- If you are pregnant
- If you are disabled, over 70 or have an underlying health condition
- If you’re worried about paying the bills, redundancy or being ‘furloughed’ (Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme)
- How is my pension affected by COVID-19?
- Is coronavirus is affecting your mental health?