UNISON works with the other Trades Unions who represent other employees working for the Council, Partnerships and Local Schools and collaborate with them to raise matters as the JTUC (Joint Trade Union Committee).
They do this via the;
- The Employees Joint Consultative Forum (The EJCF) which is a quarterly meeting involving all of the Trade Unions affiliated to the TUC to discuss all service areas, forward plans, recurring issues from the workplace and the strategic direction of the Council.
- Joint Consultative Forums are monthly meetings convened in each Service Area to address service specific workplace issues.
- North Tyneside Council Cabinet. These are monthly meetings to which the JTUC Secretary is invited and allowed to raise questions or comments directly from the Trades Unions to the Elected Mayor and Cabinet members.
- North Tyneside Strategic Partnership. The JTUC are considered partners of the Council and our positive involvement in this forum was a welcome invitation from the Elected Mayor.
- The Mayor’s Welfare Reform Task Group. This is a forum instigated by the Elected Mayor to address matters of poverty resulting from changes in the benefit system.
- The (Corporate) Change Meeting. This meeting is a combination of what was originally the Organisational Change meeting, Terms and Conditions Meeting and HR1 Redundancy Central Consultation.
Additional responsibilities include attending the Health and Safety Executive Forum, taking some responsibility to engage on Workforce Development and Learning and Consultation on new or revised Policy or Procedures.